No comments yet.
For more information and background, visit the official New York City homepage for Freshkills Park.
Tag Cloudairport architecture art audio/video bike biodiversity birds bronx case studies climate change competition contest Department of Sanitation design ecology education energy energy star environment events FKP Talks food Freshkills Fresh Kills Landfill Freshkills Park garbage goats haiku history Hurricane Sandy infrastructure innovative kayaking LAGI landfill Landfill Harmonic landfills landscape landscape architecture lights music New York City New York City Department of Parks & Recreation park development parking parks poem poetry public space reclamation recreation recycling renewable renewable energy research resiliency Reuse revitalization Sneak Peak solar Staten Island stormwater management sustainability sustainable community technology urban urban agriculture urban forestry urbanism urban planning waste to energy water waterfront wetland wildlife
- About Freshkills Park
- Environmental comic strips
- Mierle Laderman Ukeles and Maintenance Art at Freshkills Park
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- Gordon Matta-Clark's "Freshkill"
- Goats graze at Fort Wadsworth and Governors Island
- That "Staten Island Boat Graveyard"
- Two-in-one solar-wind turbine in prototype stage
- Designing Resilient Streets
- Outdoor sound sculpture to be 'played' by wind
Site infoFreshkills Park Blog
Customized Andreas04 Theme.