No comments yet.
For more information and background, visit the official New York City homepage for Freshkills Park.
Tag Cloudairport architecture art audio/video bike biodiversity birds bronx case studies climate change competition Compost Department of Sanitation design ecology education environment events fkp FKP Talks food food waste Freshkills Fresh Kills Landfill Freshkills Park garbage goats haiku history Hurricane Sandy infrastructure innovative insects invasive species kayaking LAGI landfill landfills landscape landscape architecture lights music New York City New York City Department of Parks & Recreation park development parking parks poetry public space reclamation recreation recycling renewable renewable energy research resiliency Reuse Sneak Peak solar Staten Island stormwater management sustainability sustainable community technology urban urban agriculture urban forestry urbanism urban planning waste waste to energy water waterfront wetland wildlife
- Environmental comic strips
- The Philanthropic Future of Science?
- New skate park breaks ground in Flushing Meadows
- That "Staten Island Boat Graveyard"
- Revamping Cleveland's Public Square
- Field Operations on Designing Freshkills Park
- Wetland restoration on former landfill (with a little help from goats!)
- Brooklyn greenhouse will be country's largest rooftop farm
- Current landscape and waterfront exhibits
- Norman J. Levy Park and Preserve, Merrick, NY