Grudge match: landfill capping technologies
A story for the environmental engineer in all of us: are landfills better capped with clay, or soil and plants? It’s actually a hot debate.
No comments yet.
For more information and background, visit the official New York City homepage for Freshkills Park.
Tag Cloudarchitecture art audio/video case studies Department of Sanitation design ecology education events FKP Talks Fresh Kills Landfill Freshkills Park garbage history infrastructure landfills landscape architecture New York City parks reclamation recreation recycling renewable energy research Staten Island sustainability urban planning wildlife
- Diffuse light solar panels
- Denmark's waste-to-energy solution profiled
- Environmental comic strips
- Scary math about food waste
- Blog à blog: critique of the Freshkills Park design
- Next Freshkills Park Talk: Thursday, March 26
- Brooklyn's Penn and Fountain landfills reclaimed
- Sherbourne Park, another water treatment hybrid
- Public composting toilet installation on the rise
- Canadian landfill to be world's largest pollinator park
Site infoFreshkills Park Blog
Blog at WordPress.com.