No comments yet.
For more information and background, visit the official New York City homepage for Freshkills Park.
Tag Cloudairport architecture art audio/video bike biodiversity birds bronx case studies climate change competition Compost Department of Sanitation design ecology education environment events fkp FKP Talks food food waste Freshkills Fresh Kills Landfill Freshkills Park garbage goats haiku history Hurricane Sandy infrastructure innovative insects invasive species kayaking LAGI landfill landfills landscape landscape architecture lights music New York City New York City Department of Parks & Recreation park development parking parks poetry public space reclamation recreation recycling renewable renewable energy research resiliency Reuse Sneak Peak solar Staten Island stormwater management sustainability sustainable community technology urban urban agriculture urban forestry urbanism urban planning waste waste to energy water waterfront wetland wildlife
- The Philanthropic Future of Science?
- About Freshkills Park
- Mierle Laderman Ukeles and Maintenance Art at Freshkills Park
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- That "Staten Island Boat Graveyard"
- New Section of Staten Island Bike Path to Open in August
- Environmental comic strips
- Join our green roof field trip next Friday, July 17!
- Manhattan, primeval
- New study on link between trees and lower crime rates